How to Perform the Rand McNally Lifetime Map Update?
It is important that the users must perform the Rand McNally GPS Update on a regular basis. By performing this activity, a user can utilize all the features of the products that Rand McNally has to offer to its clients. There are numerous solutions that this company provides to the customers and while using the products if you face some kind of difficulty then you must visit our website.
Rand McNally is a reliable company in the market which helps the users by providing numerous GPS products. There are numerous products offered by this company and all the products have a unique quality in them which helps them in making their ride or tour very smooth and hassle-free.
By visiting our website, you would find complete solutions for the process to perform rand McNally map update and you would also get to know more about the products that Rand McNally has to offer. You would also find steps to Update Rand McNally Truck GPS.
Now, to help the users in the process we have provided some steps that would help the users in the process. First, we would help the users in diagnostics and repairing the software and then we would move to the process to perform Rand McNally Lifetime Maps Update.
Steps for Diagnostics and Repair
- At first, you need to connect your GPS to your computer using a USB cable and turn on the GPS.
- Now, you need to be sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- After that, you must start the Rand McNally Dock on your computer.
- Now, you need to select Settings & Maintenance option
- You will see a list and from the list, you need to select Diagnostic & Repair
- Now, you must begin Diagnostic and continue
- As the diagnostic scan is done, the device will notify you about any files that are found to be corrupt
- You will see an option Repair Files. Select that option and unplug the GPS from your computer and check to see if your problem was resolved
Once, you are done with the diagnostics, you can move to the steps to update rand Mcnally GPS.
Steps to Perform Rand McNally Lifetime Map Updates
- For this, you need to download the software on your computer.
- Once the downloading completes, you can start with the installation of the software as the device is connected to the system.
- Once the process of downloading and installing the software completes, power on the GPS device
- Wait, until the screen indicates that the device is connected.
- You will see that the Rand McNally Dock opens automatically on the computer.
- Once the Rand McNally Dock menu opens, you will see a green arrow that indicates whether or not the device or the map have available updates.
- By selecting and clicking on the green arrow for the device update will download the update.
- Now, you will see that the Rand McNally Dock transfers the update to the GPS device and automatically installs it.
- You will notice that selecting the green arrow for the map update operates differently depending on the device
So, these are some of the steps that would help you in the process to perform the Rand McNally Maps Update. All the steps are effective and they provide complete solutions for the process and a user can perform the process very easily by following these steps. In case, you require some other information then you must visit our website and get all the required information in one go.