Rand McNally is a respected company in the industry of GPS devices. There are several other companies that deal in these devices but the features of the devices offered by Rand McNally makes this company reach heights. To make the use of these devices in a proper manner, it is very important for the person to regularly perform Maps and GPS device update. The process of update is rooted on the Rand McNally Dock Software. There are times when the Rand McNally Dock will not Install in the system of the user and eventually it will create a lot of problems in the working of the GPS device.
Rand McNally Dock is the medium through which all the updates process in a Rand McNally device is performed and to make proper use of the device, proper usage of the Dock is a must. When you face a problem of installation, it indirectly affects the usage of the GPS device as it stops the users from performing the GPS and Maps update.
We are going to talk about some reasons due to which this problem can occur in front of the users and along with that, we would also discuss some steps that would help the users in complete the Rand McNally Dock Installation process in an easy way. Let’s talk about the steps that would help you Install Rand McNally Dock Software at first and then we would move on to the reasons behind this problem.
Steps to Install Rand McNally Dock
- At first, you need to turn off the Rand McNally device and allow it to power up properly.
- After that, you must connect the device to your system using a USB cable.
- Turn on your Computer for starting with the process.
- You must download Rand McNally Dock software using the internet and make sure that the download completes successfully.
- Now, you must Run Rand McNally Dock in your system.
- You will notice a window on the computer screen that would say, Welcome to Rand McNally Setup Wizards.
- Click Next and you will see a window that would contain license Agreement of the software.
- You must click on I Agree Button and tap on Next to continue with the installation.
- If you need to end the installation process then you must tap on I Do Not Agree and Click on Next.
- As the process continues, you must follow the instructions that are listed on the window.
- Complete the process of installation properly and click on Finish Button once the installation process is successful.
- You will notice that Rand McNally Dock icon will be visible on the screen of your system either on the Desktop or on the system tray.
- Now, you need to register yourself as a new user in the software.
- You will be guided by the Rand McNally Dock with a demo and you will come to know about the process of using the Rand McNally Tool, Dock and Maps in a proper manner.
So, these are some of the steps that would help you in the process to Install Rand McNally Dock in your system. Once the installation has been completed, you will be able to Update GPS and Maps in a proper manner.
Now, coming back to the Rand McNally Dock will not Install problem. There are several reasons due to which this problem can be faced by the users of the GPS and here we have listed some major reasons for the problem.
Reasons for the Problem
- The major reason which is seen by the users of the product is due to the wrong installation of the software.
- Another reason for the problem is when the software does not recognize the device it is being installed into.
- If your system does not have the required configurations then you may face this problem.
- Another major reason for the problem is when the system is affected or corrupt.
So, these are the reasons due to which the Rand McNally Dock will not Install in your system. We advise our readers to go through the reasons and identify which of them is creating problems for them. Once you find out the problem, solve it and follow the steps that have been listed for proper installation of the software.